Peru Mission Trip 2013
March 15-29, 2013
Peru Mission Trip Facebook page!
When our school went last year to Iquitos, we had the opportunity of drilling 5 fresh-water wells for people who did not have access to clean, running water. One of the locations we drilled a well at was in the village of San Andreas. The Rio Lindo group stayed in this village for 4 days and got to know the villagers very well. One of the things the people of San Andreas kept requesting for during prayer time was for their church to be rebuilt. Their church is rotting and in very poor condition. The students and staff of Rio Lindo joined them in their prayers for a new church, but wanted to go a step further and help be the answer to that prayer. So this spring break, Rio Lindo will be going back and building a new church for our friends in San Andreas, Peru. We also will be doing some medical/dental work, and providing Vacation Bible School for the local children. After the mission is complete, the team will take a trip to Macchu Piccu for some tourism. (Map of South America and Peru)
Other General Information:
· Destination: Iquitos (Amazon River), Peru & Cusco (Machu Picchu), Peru
· Organization: People of Peru Project. You can find out more about this Adventist Mission at their website: http://www.peopleofperu.org/
· Dates: March 14 - March 28, 2013
· Flight info: LAN Peru Information coming soon.
· Cost: $2,550 This includes airfare, lodging, travel and food. NOTE: This fee also includes the extra funds needed to include our tourist destination of Machu Picchu in the southern part of Peru. Additional fees are airfare and ground travel, food, lodging and admission to Machu Picchu. NOTE: Other fees may include getting a passport if your child doesn't have one yet, or getting a visa if needed (US Citizens do not need visas). Also, your child needs to be current on all their vaccinations. We've also included some of the CDC's recommendations.
· Mission Project: Working with People of Peru Project to build a church for the people of the Bora Tribe, a community on the Amazon river, provide Vacation Bible School for the children of the village and surrounding villages and conducting dental clinics for the Bora Tribe and other river villages.
Students who need to raise money will be assisted with writing a fundraising letter. Those choosing to fundraise need to send out 50 fundraising letters during Christmas Break.
Trip Expense Information
Total cost of trip: $2550 per person
Deposit: $600 due January 7, 2013
Total funds due: January 18, 2013 (for those paying out of pocket)
Airfare due: February, 8, 2013 ($1300 in your name including the $600 deposit)
Total funds due: March 4, 2013 (for those not paying out of pocket)
Mission Trip Deadlines
Right Away: - Get a passport ordered if your child does not have one, or make sure the dates are current on theirs.
November 15 - $100 deposit
During Thanksgiving Break: - Mail out 50 fundraising letters.
January 7 – Student accounts need to be at $600 minimum
January 18 - Trip paid in full by those choosing not to do fundraising
February 8, -Cost of airfare due - $1300 - this includes the $600 account balance (depending on how many letters your child wrote, this cost may be met by the deadline solely through fundraising. You may contact the Business Office any time to see where your child's account is at)
February 19 - Bring back passport from home-leave and turn it into Krystalynn Martin
March 4, - Remainder of balance due. (NOTE: If you do not have the balance in at this time, please contact myself or Norm Barnhart at the business office so that we can talk about options)
None are required. Vaccinations for Yellow Fever, Hep A and B, Typhoid, and Malaria Medication (Malarone) are recommended. You should be up-to-date on your current vaccines including Tetanus. For more detailed information, check out the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) travelers' information page.
A passport is required. If a new or updated passport is needed students should get one ordered right away.
Information and Consent forms
Participant Medical Information.pdf
Parental_Consent_Form_Description.pdf (information on how to fill out the Notarized Parental Consent Form)
Krystalynn and Steve Martin
Please feel free to contact Pastor Krystalynn or Steve for more information. If you e-mail them they will respond as soon as possible.